8/2012 – now: Volunteer, Non – Governmental Organization, Volunteer for Peace, Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh city affiliate)
• Assisted foreign volunteers in teaching English to neglected juveniles in Ho Chi Minh city, including interpreting for both learners and the volunteers, preparation of teaching materials.
• Taught English to neglected children, including pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary based on teaching materials of Let’s Go, Family and Friends, books and flashcards.
• Collaborated with foreign volunteers in training the learners for some basic practical conversations or communication skills, including self-introduction, shopping, and hobby for free time…
• Set up outdoor and indoor activities such as role playing, touring around city so that children are able to join and get improvement of both English skills and soft skills from the volunteers.
• Fixed the English paper-based exercises and pronunciation of the learners.
• Monitored the status and process of learning English of each child and reported to involved foreign volunteers and VPV organization.
• Name of Project: Tan Quy community class and District 8 Shelter.
• Description: Tan Quy community class and district-8 shelter, which are located, respectively, in district 7 and district 8, are considered as two of specific projects in VPV organizations. They are including children and juveniles who are from poor family or abandoned need to be helped with shelters and knowledge for their futures.
10/2013 – now: English teacher, Tan Van foreign language centre.
• Prepared materials (flashcards, sounds and pictures of the new words…) in advance of daily classes.
• Communicated with my pupils in English so that they can be familiarized with the American accent at their very early period of learning new languages.
• Created a friendly atmosphere when lecturing.
• Created activities such as singing songs, playing games, reading poems… so that the pupils can absorb knowledge naturally and effectively.
• Reinforced the lessons by doing exercises or personal assignment, then re-check what the pupils did.
• Set up outdoor and indoor activities such as role playing, touring around city so that children are able to join and get improvement of both English skills and soft skills.
• Mam non 5A school: 152 Tran Tuan Khai St, district 5, HCM city. Size of class level 3: 22 pupils
• Mam non 2 school: 82 Nguyen Khoai St, District 4, HCM city.
- Size of class level 2: 20 pupils.
- Size of class level 3: 28 pupils.
• Mam non 6 school: G38 Cu Xa Vinh Hoi, District 4.
- Size of class level 2: 15 pupils.
- Size of class level 3: 13 pupils
03/2014 – now: English teacher, Thanh Tuu Tri English centre. (Part-time)
• Prepared lesson plans and materials (flashcards, sounds and pictures of the new words…) in advance of daily classes.
• Getting involved with teaching Cambridge test preparation, include Starter, Mover, Flyer.
• Correct students’ pronunciation, grammar and structure when they are in speaking lessons. I prefer American accent, though being able to produce few British pronunciations seldom.
• Bring the students along with daily lesson rehearsal.
• Students take to joining the outdoor activities, such as team games, map navigation, trade negotiation at markets…
- Kids 4 (Mover level): Size of class: 5
- Kids 2 (Starter level): Size of class: 9
- Kids 1 (Beginner – kindergarten level): 5